News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ernst Fischer Flieger Abteilung 204: any info appreciated.

Hello gentlemen,

I have this gravestone in my possession, it is a massive piece: about 100 kilo.

I have been told by the previous owner that Ernst Fischer died (and was buried) in Roubaix.

I can't find anything on him or the unit.

Can someone help me with some info?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings,

poulton

He was born in Chemitz, Saxony, but he appears in a Prussian casualty list as "† infolge Krankheit". 1917 casualty lists didn't list units.

Hi Dave,

I also want to thank you for your response. Isn't that odd that he appears in a prussian casualty list being of saxon origin?

Greetings,

Poulton

Why isn't the gravestone on the grave?

I got this one and another wooden cross from a person who has many connections in the area South West-Flanders/Northern France.

After the second war the Volksbund started concentrating all the wargraves. In West-Flanders for example there remain only 4 or 5. Because of unifomity of the stones or crosses in a cemetery many of these became obsolete. Many of the wooden crosses were destroyed. The big stones maybe used in construction??

My friend, who is a little bit older than I am, was able to save quite a few of these redundant pieces.

I am trying to find out where Ernst Fischer was buried initially. I can't find him on the Volksbund. He was said to have died / be buried in Roubaix, but I don't have any proof of that.

Off course all other info I can find on him is also interesting.

I also can't find him on Frontflieger.de.

Greetings,

Poulton