News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russian Badge

Riley1965

I am trying to help an individual ID his badge. Can someone confirm that I have a badge from the Russian (pre-WW1) 93rd Infantry Regiment pictured here. The Russian words on it say 93rd Infantry and Siberia. My meager research tells me it is the 93rd HIS IMPERIAL HIGHNESS GRAND DUKE MICHALE ALEKSNDROVICH'S IRKUTSK INFANTRY REGIMENT of the 24th Infantry Division, which at one point had its HQS in Pskov.

Edited by Riley1965

Hi Mike

I found that badge in Avers-5, page 97, item 137. According to that is is the badge for "193-й пехотный Свияжный полк". It appears to be a 200-year badge, of course.

So, the 193rd ___ Infantry Regiment. I'm stuck on the word "Свияжный". It's the adjective form of "Свияж" which I think is the name of a city in the Volga region, but I'm not sure. If you google it you will get a bunch of hits in Russian. The one thing I'm pretty sure it isn't is "Siberia(n)".

That's a pretty nice regimental badge your friend has.

Chuck

:beer: Thanks, Chuck. I've passed on the info to him.

Again, Thanks!!!

Doc

Hi Mike

I found that badge in Avers-5, page 97, item 137. According to that is is the badge for "193-й пехотный Свияжный полк". It appears to be a 200-year badge, of course.

So, the 193rd ___ Infantry Regiment. I'm stuck on the word "Свияжный". It's the adjective form of "Свияж" which I think is the name of a city in the Volga region, but I'm not sure. If you google it you will get a bunch of hits in Russian. The one thing I'm pretty sure it isn't is "Siberia(n)".

That's a pretty nice regimental badge your friend has.

Chuck