News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guys,

I still don't understand people that would skip stuff like this.

There are a lot of letters here all to one man and woman, I would guess held by the woman as there are a few from other servicemen as well, she appears to have been a DRK sister at Charlottenburg Berlin. I would guess without reading any in detail as yet she was courting the Dr Heinz Hartung of Fallingbostel bei Hannover FP Nr 29760.

Jock :)

Edited by Jock Auld

Wow Excellent to see that you've saved this bunch, I think some people see the Swastika and think "trash" or they just don't care, glad to see them having been rescued :D a true find :D

I don't know why they do it but if what I capture in my small part of the world is anything to go by then can you imagine what is being skipped worldwide and across all areas of interest. just mad!

Kevin,

When will I get time, they will go on to the 'to do list'?

For me the fun is finding it, there must be a good few hundred there so i have no chance of that.

You know I prefer the SB and WP etc, I hope they were not there too but it is possible they were at the bottom of a full container.

Do you have anything on the Doctor that may merit a closer look, you are much better at the research side than I am?

Cheers

I don't have anything on the Dr I'm afraid although there is someone with that name in a Google Search for that period but I believe he was an engineer. Unfortunately when it comes to the medical side of the Wehrmacht there is little information readily available.

The Feldpost Nr of 29760 belonged to two Infantry units...

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Regimentsstab m.Nachrichten-Zug Infanterie-Regiment 289,

(2.1.1940-27.4.1940) Regimentsstab Infanterie-Regiment 289,
    (10.2.1943-23.8.1943) Stab u. 1.-4. Kompanie Divisions-Bataillon 98,
    (10.11.1944-Kriegsende) 20.12.1944 Stab u. 1.-4. Kompanie Füsilier-Bataillon 98.
    It is sad that someone saw fit to throw all those out but some people just have no interest in historical items and what is 'gold' for us is literally trash for them, including everything from Feldpost to Prelim RK citations.
    Edited by hucks216

Guys,

I still don't understand people that would skip stuff like this.

Jock,

I had an old box of feldpost from the mother-in-law's uncle who served in a bomber squadron (he wasn't aircrew), I had put everything in order from his first letter in 1939 right through to his capture in Paderborn in 1945 as well as his anti nazi certificate and release papers. Everything in the cellar was earmarked for the bin so I asked her to wait until I could get to Germany to sort through it. Unfortunately I couldn't go on holiday until Christmas and it had all been binned 3 months previous to that.

I still can't believe all the history that was chucked but perhaps growing up with it makes it easier to get rid of.

Apparently after living several decades with a pickelhaube brought home from the front my nan binned it and the Regency sideboard was put on the fire.

Tony

Kevin,

Thanks for that, I will have a sort through it this week.

Tony, I have seen some cracking antique furniture going through the 'Chipping Machine', it then gets burned over the winter months at the Kraftwerk.

One mans rubbish is another mans treasure?!