Nice Knives.....

Chris Boonzaier

Have not had these out in many a year.....

One is a 8 Inch Randall No1, the other is a Randall No14.

My first No 1 was so mint, out of the box, I literally closed my eyes, and hacked at a chunk of wood 4-5 times... just to pop its cherry.... I had this No1 for 4 years in the army... it was really used and abused... and is thill here... around me guys were breaking their K-Kars in all directions....

The No14 was simply and purley a toy i could not afford. I bought it years after leaving the army, and actually have more knives than I will ever need, and seldom if ever need one... but the No14 for me is the best knife ever... so i traded a bunch of stuff for it....

The Handle and sheath on the No1 used to be the same color as the sheath on the no14....

What is the green bit of plastic i hear you ask... or not.....

I prefer the carbon steel blades to stainless steel.... After a very wet time in Central Africa the leather was constantly wet, so I made a sheath liner out of a plastic mountaindew bottle, cut the shape, folded it and slid it into the sheath. I also removed the sharpening stone pouch, it made it easier to slide the sheath under straps or under a belt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• As a theology student my professor, a much published former Naval chaplain, set us an essay, saying that if we could answer that successfully we would be guaranteed  a good degree "Which of the gospel writers was the biggest liar, discuss."   I got a good mark, but  don't want to be burned for heresy.   P
    • As my father used to say: "Tain't so much Pappy's a liar - he just remembers big."  
    • Brian: First, let me say that I always enjoy reading your blog and your "spot on" comments.  Another fine topic with such a broad expansion into so many different facets.  I had watched this a week or two ago and when reading your blog, it reminded me of this great quote.   There is a great video on the origins of "Who was Murphy in Murphy's Law"   Anyway, about mid way through this video, there is this great quote and I think it sums it up quite well to your statem
    • I've received word from the Curator that she has permission to re-open this summer.   We're already making plans for a November event at the Museum.   Michael
    • I recall I did the same on hot days at Old Fort York back in 1973-74 - wool uniforms, and at 90F they would let you take your backpack off.   Michael