News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice Knives.....

Chris Boonzaier

Have not had these out in many a year.....

One is a 8 Inch Randall No1, the other is a Randall No14.

My first No 1 was so mint, out of the box, I literally closed my eyes, and hacked at a chunk of wood 4-5 times... just to pop its cherry.... I had this No1 for 4 years in the army... it was really used and abused... and is thill here... around me guys were breaking their K-Kars in all directions....

The No14 was simply and purley a toy i could not afford. I bought it years after leaving the army, and actually have more knives than I will ever need, and seldom if ever need one... but the No14 for me is the best knife ever... so i traded a bunch of stuff for it....

The Handle and sheath on the No1 used to be the same color as the sheath on the no14....

What is the green bit of plastic i hear you ask... or not.....

I prefer the carbon steel blades to stainless steel.... After a very wet time in Central Africa the leather was constantly wet, so I made a sheath liner out of a plastic mountaindew bottle, cut the shape, folded it and slid it into the sheath. I also removed the sharpening stone pouch, it made it easier to slide the sheath under straps or under a belt.

That's quite a pair you have there Chris.

My #15 is just a shorter version of your #14. I can agree they are

a h3ll of a knife. But that #1 is just awesome.

Edited by gregM