News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Do you ask this question to everyone who show photos of their militaria, or just to a member that has decided be active on this forum? Just because i have not been active on this forum, does not mean i have a sewing machine in the closet.

------

The shield has a shadow under, the tread have been on the jacket forever. Just like the eagle and the collartabs has been there so long it has become one with the cloth under.

Hallo,

No, I ask this question out of interest for a number of reasons.

I have no idea if your jacket is good or not, so I ask questions.

1) Anytime anyone posts a GERMAN jacket with these insignia, even there questions are raised. Anytime anyone posts a GERMAN jacket with SS insignia, questions are raised. If we did not question in this hobby we would all be out of pocket.

2) Dutch field grey I assume is like Swedish field grey. I cut up swedish field grey to make backings for frames... I am sure if there was a way to "Germanise" Swedish Field Grey, people would be doing it. That being the case... how easy is it to Germanise Dutch stuff? Pretty easy.

3) There is no shortage of Foreign volunteer shields on the market, more shields than buyers.

4) I have a 9 year old son who goes through clothes like crazy... patches on his jeans have wear and fading within weeks.

5) I thank you for posting it and hope you do in fact have a rare and desirable jacket, but as before, rare tunics, be they SS or foreign Volunteers, are never a case of "This is my jacket, don't question, just believe"

Trondk,

I think Chris has voiced what many are thinking, maybe a little tactless but still a valid point. I have noted your location so I presume you have bought these online at a reputed dealer? I say these since you have 3 Dutch jackets with German badges so far. I do not want to appear rude but they look squeaky clean as in no sign of use? There is a moth nip on one of the shoulder boards, is there any moth nip on the rest of the tunic? It is the little things that one notices? I hope your gear is all good but I have some doubts as I own a normal type re-issue jacket and it has some subtle differences, I believe like you mine is correct though and am open to discussion too, I will post it up when I dig it out!

Welcome by the way!

Jock :)

Trondk,

I think Chris has voiced what many are thinking, maybe a little tactless but still a valid point.

Jock :)

Hi,

I did not want to appear tactless, but I would caution that if they all came from the same dealer... I hope it is not a dealer with a closet full of Dutch uniforms.

Once again, i am not saying it has to be so... just a healthy open mind....