News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Order

The quality of the original image misled me then... :)

This is the post-2008 version of the Order of the Volta, they changed the ribbon colour from a dark blue with red edges and black central stripe to the one shown (light blue with green, yellow and red edges). The highest grade, worn as a sash badge, is the Companion, the other grades being Officer and Member. It's a bit unusual, the Companion has a sash badge but no star... and quite often they are seen wearing a neck badge at the same time!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,

Very interesting. But it seems there was a first version. Watch photo of Valentina Tereshkova (first woman to go to space). She's wearing a breast decoration with a straight bar suspender that is the ribbon of the Order of the Volta of Ghana, but a different type of insignia (just next to her Grunwald Cross).

She was awarded Order of the Volta in January 1964

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Vladimirovna_Tere%C5%A1kova

I guess that the insignia awarded from the time of President N'Krumah were different.

The later type is more commonly seen, even if still rare.

And it seems that since 2008 they changed the ribbon & center medaillon.

All the best.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68