News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Claudius

In fact I had doubts with the Medal of Merit Reuss,

I'm not sure of the price. about 150,00 Euro .. good?

The combatant Reuss medal has always given me a special enjoyment. It's not the only medal that can be awarded hanging below free-swinging crossed swords, but this award, with the striking ribbon colors seems to really do it with a unique panache. (ok, that's enough gushing...)

I keep looking at the ose on this Reuss. Not the one from the medal to the swords, but from the swords to the ring that attaches to the medal bar. The lighting is dim, but it looks like this isn't the original. It looks like two small rings were welded to the swords? Maybe a period repair. Not too surprising because how much stress is on a small little area. Maybe the medal bar tailor had to fix that when he assembled the bar. It's not detracting and perhaps you can negotiate a slightly lower price for the damaged/repaired area.

In either event, make sure you can return it if, upon personal examination the whole assembly looks faked or the Reuss is inexcusable.

It still looks like a nice bar.