News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Larry,

in this case "Ergänzungsoffizier" (supplementary officer). Former retired Imperial or Reichsheer officers re-employed for the most part in staff functions.

See: "Die Wehrmacht im Dritten Reich, Band III 3. August 1934 bis 4. Februar 1928", pages 219-212 by Rudolf Absolon

Regards

Glenn

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :cheers;

So then would I be correct in saying that he is hired to do medicals on people applying for military pensions, as he is working for the Wehrmachtfürsorge und Versorgungsamt - Armed Forces Welfare and Pension Office.

Thanks

Larry

Hello Larry.

I am butting in here with my 2 cents worth.

The Dr. title here does not imply that this officer has a medical degree. If he were a medical officer his rank designation would be Stabsarzt ( E). The Dr. here could for political science , philosophy or such which title he would be authorized to carry.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

So I am working my way thru the pages mentioned in the Die Wehrmacht im Dritten Reich, Band III.

trying to wrap my head around a couple words that are eluding me.

"Alle Tarnbefehle für das bisherige L-Offizierkorps"

and:

"dort auch über Zehrzulage"

Thanks for any help

:cheers:

Larry

Hello Larry.

My response to this must have gone astray. But here is my understanding:

- Tarnbefehle are deception orders regarding the hitherto L-Offiziere which term is no longer in use due to the open reintroduction of universal national service i.e. open expansion of German military. The date must be somewhere around 1935?

- Zehrzulage, without any tangible source it seems to imply some kind of supplemental money grant for most likely daily food allowance. Less likely granted as in kind supplement.

I hope this helps,

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

Hello Larry.

My response to this must have gone astray. But here is my understanding:

- Tarnbefehle are deception orders regarding the hitherto L-Offiziere which term is no longer in use due to the open reintroduction of universal national service i.e. open expansion of German military. The date must be somewhere around 1935?

- Zehrzulage, without any tangible source it seems to imply some kind of supplemental money grant for most likely daily food allowance. Less likely granted as in kind supplement.

I hope this helps,

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello Bernhard

My "Thank you" got lost as well.

Many thanks for your help :cheers:

Sincerely

Larry