News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The one on the left could be WWI although they were also used much later and without an obvious WWI-era mark there's no way to tell. I don't believe the other two are of the WWI German pattern. 

Imperial brass mounted (I sold my dated steel job to a fellow collector) and an commercially available example, other they used loose canteens clips, boot laces and key ring loops.

Eric

P5213315.JPG

I think of those that have been shown, the one with the square "loop" has the best chance of being a good one. Never seen anything like what Hoss has shown.  :wacky:

Imperial brass mounted (I sold my dated steel job to a fellow collector) and an commercially available example, other they used loose canteens clips, boot laces and key ring loops.

Eric

P5213315.JPG

​Not having ever seen one, my first thought when I see the one with the brass stud is something to go on a british Sam Browne setup?

Chris forget what I say in my initial post, I was full of crap. I just remembered a killer W1 belt full of danglies sold to me chum. The left one as Mr Chips say's is of course ok, problem with those they must have been stamped out right through into TR period as well. Still don't like the right one though, so now I'm two for three lol!

I'll contact him for some pics, been busy and haven't talked in a while etc.

Eric

P2272954.JPG

P2272953.JPG

Nice Schutzleder! I rand into a guy at the Stuttgart show in the early 1980s, who had a stringer of these. Most were dated in the 1920s, but I found four or five with WWI dates. I traded off all the extra ones, but of course, I kept one.

I can read the Frankfurt a/M and the date, but I cannot make out the manufacturer's name. What is it?

Chip

Still don't like the right one though, so now I'm two for three lol!

Eric

Eric,

That last one with the aluminum ring is a total no go. Aluminum for that type of thing was totally postwar.

Chip

• 3 weeks later...

This belt/buckle was a very late addition to my menagerie.  It is a beautiful belt with a 1918 tab marked buckle.  It looks apparent to me that the belt/buckle have been together for ever.  The belt "thingie" came with it.  Note the remainder of the feldgrau finish on the metal.