News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

AhhhHA!

[attachmentid=31070]

He WAS Quartermaster Corps! Hammer and sickle with red enemal star in the middle.

• 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Did you change the ribbons of all your medals? They all look new!

Hi

I did not change the ribbons. I think that the new look is from the reflection of the camera flash. Some of them are quite dirty.

I have had the medals since 1992. I think that all of the dealers were replacing all of the ribbons that were worn. :banger: All of my medals came from Igor M from Atlantic Crossroads before they even went by that name(or even had a published catalog).

Lucky guy Paul. So if you started in 1992, which means you were at the good spot at a great time.

It must really be the flash of the camera in that case, if we have the impression the ribbons look new. Thanks for the explanations.

Lucky guy Paul. So if you started in 1992, which means you were at the good spot at a great time.

It must really be the flash of the camera in that case, if we have the impression the ribbons look new. Thanks for the explanations.

I know... the time could not have been any better. There would have been a lot of things I would not be able to get now, if I did not get them at the time. On the other hand, I have regrets too. Like buying a Alexander Nevski when they were 250 a piece.

Soviet Orders and medals were my first collecting focus. For a while, I never thought that they would take off. I remember putting away my Soviet collection in 1994, and bringing the medals back out in 1998 and 2000 to see that there had been very little change in price. Last year, I checked again and was very shocked!