News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am taking a few moments to repost with better scans, my order books. I do have the medals and orders as well, yet there has been some interest in the books.

I look forward to any questions or comments.

Regards

Paul Reck

Guest Rick Research

Now can you make the PHOTOS larger-- try lightening the first one above--- he is either a Captain of a combatant arm in 1943 (a 1943 Orders Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or a Senior Lieutenant with some sort of branch device up near his button. Don't need the standard Presidium stamp on that one.

The 1938 "Jubilee"-- try for the photo AND stamp larger but UPSIDE DOWN. I am still not "seeing" enough of the Western alphabet with Modern Turkish type letter squiggles to figure out what NON-Russian Union Republic issued it.

Thank you Ed, for you compliment! I bought these years ago and almost sold them for what would have been a song about a year ago. I am glad that I did not!!!

Rick,

Here are the photos you were asking about. I hope that they help.

First up is the full photo of the Jubilee Medal awardee

Guest Rick Research

Could that 1938 be from Azerbaijan????

OK, Abramov at 200 percent was at least a MAJOR in 1943-- TWO rank stripes on his field boards.

Branch device I don't THINK is Artillery-- cavalry? Cavalry Scouts? It might even be Quartermaster, but the strap's too WIDE for that, then....

only research will tell, I guess!!!

Just about the cleanest Jubilee Book I've seen...... I haven't seen very many, but this one sure is the nicest! Nice stuff Paul!

Thanks Rick!

This medal grouping was my first significant piece for my Soviet collection. (20 Jubilee book and medal) I bought it from Igor back in 1992... before he was on line or even had a running catalog. Most of my collection actually came from him!

Thanks Gerd

I will have to make some time to pull them from the case and scan them. I have them all mixed together in the one large shadow box.(dont worry, I do know which medals go with what groups)

I am going to get some ryker mounts so that I can store the groups together with their books.