News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spiked helmet cover with a difference....

Baschlik is the German spelling of Russian name for this type of headgear. It was normal winter issue for the Russian army. I have a Russian example.

Hoss,

Are you sure that is a WWI photo? Whatever he is wearing is nothing I have ever seen in WWI and it appears he is wearing it over a visored cap with stitching on the cloth brim. The Russians had no such cap in 1914 that I know of.

You're probably right Chip the image is from a foreign site with ref: Battle of Tannenberg. There looks to be a ghost of a star insig, and the buttons? the poor devil looks to be starving, I don't know much about them other than what's on the net (old folklore and all that). The company that would supply one's like Chris posts would probably sell them to anyone or any country imo. the garment trade.

Eric