News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Star of the Order of the 25th of February 1948

I am researching a Star of the Order of the 25th February 1948, IE the first class, I can't seem to find any appearing in Czech auctions/dealers lists, does anyone know roughly how many were issued and has anyone ever seen one come up for sale.

All the best,

Paul

• 3 months later...

Hello Paul,

the Order of February 25, 1948 has been awarded once in 1949 on the occasion of the first anniversary of the communist takeover , mostly to members of the police and high party officials. Only very rarely it was awarded later. The order was managed by the Interior Ministry. After the fall of the comunist regime  in 1990,  one local dealer managed  to obtain unawarded specimens, blank diplomas and a list of awarded persons.I kept the list in my hands but I failed to buy it. To my surprise the list contained all details, ie. date, name, merits etc. but not the class of the order. So nobody knows how many stars of 1st class was awarded. The dealer was selling them for low prices. The first class at USD 100, -, what was more than the average monthly salary here, the bronze medal at USD 3,50 and a silver at USD 7, -. I have bought five stars and ten medals of each.

However, the stars of the first class are rare, they are sold in auctions at USD 1 000,-. The bigest local dealer, Aurea Numismatika, is offering the star at USD 1 150,- , see

http://www.numismatika.info/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4503&category_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=81

Unfortunately I am not able to give you more details.

Regards

Jan

• 1 year later...
    On 29. 10. 2015 at 15:04, paul wood said:

I am researching a Star of the Order of the 25th February 1948, IE the first class, I can't seem to find any appearing in Czech auctions/dealers lists, does anyone know roughly how many were issued and has anyone ever seen one come up for sale.

All the best,

Paul

I do not know how many of them very issued,but more than 800 persons were awarded with the Star of the Order of the 25th February.Despite of big number of awards most of collectors have in collections unawarded pieces.Me,too.I have the certificate only to the 3rd grade.I hope you will not be angry,when I will attach the photo of the set of the Order.Is it a n interesting information for you?

IMG_8980.jpg

• 5 years later...