News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Very interesting W?rttemberg Medal Bar

When I first received the photos of this bar from a contact in Germany I could not for the life of me figure out why they mounted the Baden Merit Medal like this..... when it showed up, neatly behind the Silver Bravery Medal is a pair of stitches to keep the Baden Medal from sliding around. Of additional interest is the W?rttemberg Fire Service Medal for 25 Years Long Service awarded 1919-20 ONLY!!!!! Just one of the spiifiest frack bars I've ever found!

Guest Rick Research

The Baden connection would seem to indicate an Infantry Regiment 126 veteran.

The black wartime+ issue IX Years Medal shows this was probably a man who enlisted in 1915, getting this on discharge as a double time regular.

And the Weimar-into-Third-Reich W?rttemberg 25 Years Fire Service Medal (very very nice BTW) was probably given just before the Hindenburg Cross came out-- so this guy had been a volunteer fireman even before signing on for the army during the war.

Such a nice bar (weird suspebsion) but no Hindeburg Cross.... ??? DIED/KILLED circa 1934? We'll never know, now. :(

• 2 weeks later...

and, in fact, i WILL find a place for it...

while the ambiance and panache of stogie's

astroturf is hard to beat, i am compelled to

do my own dark thing....

the stabilizer stitch for the baden medal

underneath the wurtt is SLICK.

a gem of a bar. thanks, ricardo!

joe