News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New arrival Bavarian Alpenkorps EK2

As you get older I notice that the Christmas presents get less, so I bought myself one!!!

I was lucky enough to get this collection of docs to eventual Feldwebel Johann Winkler.

He served in the Alpenkorps and was wounded on the 10th of June 1916 near Douaumont.

Firstly an Alpenkorps EK2 Certificate, I have never seen one like this before, signed by Krafft von Dellmensingen.

56bde7545664e__57(4).thumb.JPG.cc05866f8

56bde795569f4__57(5).thumb.JPG.5c7496264

56bde7b40be3a__57(6).thumb.JPG.82356a99e

Regards

Pete

Very nice indeed. I have been looking for one of these for ages, it is the early model. They used this for a while, then they passed on the responsibility of issuing the documents to the individual regiments in the Korps, then came back in 1918 with the decorative alpenkorps document with the picture of the sentry on the mountain.

Hi Chris, interestingly this guy also got one of those decorative certificates, but it must have been just after the end of the War as the unit stamp has been edited by someone.

56bdee55b79d0__57.thumb.JPG.a921cc8ae6b1

56bdee700cb21__57(1).thumb.JPG.658a14fb8

Best regards

Pete

The 3 other wartime award docs to him that I have are;

The MVK3 with crown and swords.

56bdf1be5021b__57(9).thumb.JPG.dbe654c2c

The Black Wound Badge for his wound near Douaumont;

56bdf1fab08cf__57(7).thumb.JPG.977f1c4c7

and his service award for 9 years;

56bdf22ea7d9c__57(21).thumb.JPG.a2cbc067

Best regards

Pete

36 minutes ago, padro said:

Hi Chris, interestingly this guy also got one of those decorative certificates, but it must have been just after the end of the War as the unit stamp has been edited by someone.

56bdee700cb21__57(1).thumb.JPG.658a14fb8

Best regards

Pete

Hi,

Nice doc, they came out in 1918 it seems and were delivered blank to the companies, or battalions (depending on which unit), then they were given  to guys who had recieved the EK at some time all the way back to 1914. No reason why they shouls not have continued after the war.