News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marc,

Superb photos and items in the collection. You've got the techniques down. I -really- like that spiked helmet and the way it looks in the photo! Any hints on what camera you're using for these shots?

Best regards,

Les

Les,

Any camera can take these photos. The key is the LIGHTING. Buy this for $75 and you can do the same (though the helmets BARELY fit):

Photo Studio

Marc,

Many thanks for the headsup on the lighting/shadow box. You're right about lighting being the key, although having a reasonably decent camera (with knowing how to use it and undertanding what the various settings do) doesn't hurt. There's a well-known camera and photo store with outlets at most shopping malls in the US (and are on-line) that sells these for a tad more.

I've been using natural light and if you're getting those kinds of results with one of the small studio lighting/shadow boxes, I'm going to get one. Thanks for the tip!

If you're ever inclined, think about a thread showing how to set up the lighting and camera (settings) for one item, as a learning aide for those guys who haven't changed over from using flatbed scanners to cameras yet, and to show them how it's done?

Les