News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help for identification

Can some body help me for the identification of this decoration, and where for it is given ?

The bit in quotations identifies the medal as something like " Militant glory-2".

Rest I'm not too sure about, but something about defense.

JC

This seems to be a very recently introduced Mongolian award. Does this suggest the old awards have been replaced or supplemented? I am told it comes in three classes, indicated by the number of "stripes" on the "ribbon" and the Mongolian number at the base of the star.

Thsi is the first document I have seen. Some sort of specimen?? A dated certificate could establish a time period in which the medal has been awarded (if it has been).

Here is a third class:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Ed

The document is an original, it has recently been given, I put of the name, date and Nr of the document.

The recipient would like to know what the name is of this orde, and his meaning. (he dont read mongolian, neder I)

"Military Glory" is probably very close, altough I would rather say medal than order, since the "daichin aldar II" is followed by "medaliar" rather than "odon"

Jan

PS: I've been abroad for a week, and have just been catching up with the latest post, and I just wanted to say, you've done a great job guys, I learned a lot today, keep up the good work :jumping::jumping:

Well, just to add a bit to the confusion, here are a couple of pics of some of mine.

I have a 3rd Class like the one Ed post (except on mine there is a chip on the blue enamel) and I have two 2nd Class and just bought one 1st Class.

Here is one of the 2nd Class I have:

Dolf

Now watch the other 2nd Class I have.

See the difference?!

Any opinions gentlemen? Why this difference?!

This is the only one I've seen with blue enamel where all the others have the usual golden metal color!

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

And finally the 1st Class I bought recently.

This one follows the usual pattern, with the golden color circle around the blue centre.

Some time ago I was told this is the new Medal replacing the old Honorary Medal of Combat (A 37), but as Combat is something Mongolia hasn't seen for decades, I wonder if instead this wouldn't be a kind of Military Merit or Valor Medal.

Btw, all of them have the same reverse as the one shown on this pic of the 1st Class one.

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Ok, some fresh news about this one.

It seems it's a new unofficial Medal, apparently given by the Ministry of Defense.

The name: "The Glory of Soldier".

This is no replacement for any other Medal, just a new one. The Honorary Medal of Combat as we know it, is still given by the President.

Dolf

If it is given by the Ministry of Defence, then it is not really an unofficial medal, is it? :cheeky:

That's what I'd think (at least that's the case in Russia where only those given by vet associations or political organisations are considered unofficial), but apparently, if I do understand it right, only those given by the President would be considered official! :unsure:

Just forwarding what I was told!

Dolf

PS: Maybe it's just been given within the staff of the Ministry of Defense, reason why I was told it's unofficial!

Anyway, now what really makes me curious is why two "variations" (?) of the 2nd Class!

Edited by Dolf