News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Inter war 12 year service document

Hello Everyone

It's been quite a while since i visited the forum as i haven't had much to post over the past year.  That all changed yesterday when i bought a couple bulk lots at auction. I'm not even sure whats all in them yet as the auction pictures weren't the most detailed.  One document however caught my eye and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it was exactly.  I know its a 12 year service document of some kind but i'm not familiar with the unit.  It caught my eye as it made me wonder if the service man in question could have taken part in putting down the Beer Haul putsch given the dates involved. Once the lots arrive i'll post better pictures.  I'd like to pinpoint who the signature belongs to as well.

Cheers

Chris

document1.JPG

I know in the first world war the RNAS, and RAF had armoured car units so perhaps the German air force did as well. I can't wait to get it in hand.  I can't find another (though i can't really search in German either).  There is several imperial pieces in the lots i'll be sure to do a seperate post when i get everything in hand.

Hi,

these traditions were not only upheld by the Wehrmacht as dedehansen rightly writes, but earlier from the Reichswehr, too. Usually the units that took over the tradition of an old regiment were somehow related to the old unit (if only by sake of use of same weapon).

However, this need not be the case always.

GreyC

1 hour ago, censlenov said:

Thanks so much for that it's great to know more about the unit and I've book marked the link you sent me thanks again.  I've attached the picture from the auction listing.for curiosities sake.

Cheers

Chris

21190.jpg

that's quite the farrago of items there.  Imperial German shoulder boards, Japanese Imperial Visit medal, leather ammunition belt, b&w photos, US ribbon bar, and I can't see it very well, but an American Civil War 4-color print mounted with a postage stamp? 

It's  "Eclectic" for sure.  Being a medal guy i was attracted to the imperial visit medal and i find bulk lots tend to sneak through the bulk of online attention.  This one held true to trend and i got it for a steal.

• 4 weeks later...