News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

8 Placer - China service - ribbon bar - traceable?

Hello Guy's,

I'm back from a small ribbon bar haul.

Got this pretty nice 8 Placer! :cheers:

Fltr:

EK2 / Kriegshilfsdienst / Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen / Kronenorden (?) / Dienstauszeichnung XXV (?) / Kolonial Denkmünze / China Denkmünze / Centenarmedaille

Is there any chance to identify the owner?

Or maybe anyone can tell the story about this bar?

20170215_184840-1266x575.jpg

20170215_184908-1318x575.jpg

Rick probably could have traced a Deckoffizier bar, but even then probably only if there were foreign or other German state awards.  

Here, we cannot say for certain if it is an officer's or an NCO's bar, or if it is Army or Navy. We cannot even say for certain if it is active or reserve, since many officers of the Beurlaubtenstand received the Centenary Medal while active for reserve Übungen in March 1897, and many civil servants received the China and Southwest Africa medals in steel.

Indeed, although it is more likely given the award numbers, I cannot say for certain if the first ribbon is the EK2. It could be a Militärehrenzeichen to an NCO or petty officer, and he could have been retired or otherwise away from the front in World War I, thus never getting an EK2.

Nice bar :thumbup: if I should make a guess I would say navy some kind of Deckoffizier with MEZ2 in first place and some times in away from home in china AND other colonial places because of the Kolonialdenkmünze - ww1 only with the war aid cross....but as said before , you can only guess here.... are there holes in the ribbons of battle clasps orI what do I see.... maybe 4 holes I can make out....

• 1 month later...

Thanks Heiko.

Sorry for my late reply. No those aren't holes for clasps. The bar had a bad home before.

-----------------------------------------------------

After a little research I found some ncos and officers with similar bars (more or less medals).

Could the second ribbon - we identifyed it as War aid cross - maybe a crown order with Geneva cross? Those special order had the same ribbon as the war aid cross.

Just find the war aid cross a little misplaced with all those colonial and pre war stuff.

20170412_184041.jpg

20170412_184115.jpg