News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ROMANIAN CASES

Antti will know for sure!

Both may be Grand Cross cases.   Green perhaps Romanian Crown, Carol II issue, but those cases usually blue. Red case Star of Romania likely military with swords thru center.   Some say cases with that top lid stamp may be Michael but the RESCH inner lid stamp looks earlier.

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

Antti Ruokonen [GMIC member Blitz] who wrote Yesterday and Today's Knights: Orders of Romania.    If he doesnt see this thread you might get in direct communication with him.  

10 hours ago, 922F said:

Antti will know for sure!

Both may be Grand Cross cases.   Green perhaps Romanian Crown, Carol II issue, but those cases usually blue. Red case Star of Romania likely military with swords thru center.   Some say cases with that top lid stamp may be Michael but the RESCH inner lid stamp looks earlier.

I'd rather say that the second one is for the Order of Carol I judging by the shape of the inserts.

Edited by Carol I

8 hours ago, Carol I said:

I'd rather say that the second one is for the Order of Carol I judging by the shape of the inserts.

Carol I very likely correct----could I make a comment 'takes one to know one' without offense???

I've never seen that cypher/insignia on the outer lid of a Carol I case before, just on Star and Crown cases supplsedly from Michael period.   What is it exactly?.    

3 minutes ago, 922F said:

Carol I very likely correct----could I make a comment 'takes one to know one' without offense???

I've never seen that cypher/insignia on the outer lid of a Carol I case before, just on Star and Crown cases supplsedly from Michael period.   What is it exactly?.    

It is Michael's cipher during WWII, or at least during its beginning.

And coming back to the cases, I have a hunch that the first one is for the Loyal Service Order.

On 08/03/2017 at 16:16, 922F said:

Antti Ruokonen [GMIC member Blitz] who wrote Yesterday and Today's Knights: Orders of Romania.    If he doesnt see this thread you might get in direct communication with him.  

922F I send the pictures to Blitz but I still waiting for answer ???

• 1 year later...

For whatever reason, I never received your message Obi. I rarely browse the forums, so I only discovered this thread now.

Carol I is correct, the second case is the Order of Charles I, Grand Cross. Without a doupt.

As for the first one, as Carol I guessed, it is likely the Grand Cross of the Loyal Service Order, though a second option would be the Order of the Ruling House (also Grand Cross). Measuring the cross intendation on the case should give us a better understanding, if you still have the cases?