News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Independence War documents

It is quite a lot to translate, but in essence this is a collection of legal copies of documents regarding the participation of a Jewish sergeant, David Senfeld/Seinfeld from Roman, to the Independence War. Apparently, he had received the Silver Military Medal and the Defenders of the Independence Medal in 1878, the Russian Commemorative Medal in 1881 and the second class of the Faithful Service Medal in 1883. He was naturalised as a Romanian citizen in 1879.

3 hours ago, Carol I said:

It is quite a lot to translate, but in essence this is a collection of legal copies of documents regarding the participation of a Jewish sergeant, David Senfeld/Seinfeld from Roman, to the Independence War. Apparently, he had received the Silver Military Medal and the Defenders of the Independence Medal in 1878, the Russian Commemorative Medal in 1881 and the second class of the Faithful Service Medal in 1883. He was naturalised as a Romanian citizen in 1879.

Thank you ! 

Who need copy's of these documents in 1940 ? And why ? 

( I have simple Romanian, I was born in small town Reni on Danube :) )

3 hours ago, new world said:

David Seinfeld ...He has to be related to Jerry Seinfeld from famous TV show! :beer:

In one document the name is spelled as "Şeinfeld" with the first letter being read /ʃ/.

1 hour ago, Igor Ostapenko said:

Thank you ! 

Who need copy's of these documents in 1940 ? And why ? 

( I have simple Romanian, I was born in small town Reni on Danube :) )

Given that one of them referred to the naturalisation of David Seinfeld in 1878, I guess they were documents supporting the Romanian citizenship of one of his descendants. 

2 hours ago, Carol I said:

In one document the name is spelled as "Şeinfeld" with the first letter being read /ʃ/.

Sheinfeld ?

1 hour ago, Carol I said:

Given that one of them referred to the naturalisation of David Seinfeld in 1878, I guess they were documents supporting the Romanian citizenship of one of his descendants. 

Thank you !