News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KMST Pinback at Ebay.de

Hi,

I'd been watching the auction and actually thought it went for a fair price. If you want a cheap cross, buy a dirt-common KO. If you are into uncommon/rare variants, any KMST variant would be near the top of the desirability list. I picked up an unmarked KMST example myself not so long ago for a bit under 300 Euro, and I thought that was a pretty good price.

Regards

Mike

I know all about "variation" and "obscurity" collecting and have paid the freight accordingly when that "must have" piece came along... While i think that's a lot for this particular cross; I can certainly understand the whole "Need it Now" thing ;>)

Rick,

I see maybe two or three crosses of this type (ie with "normal" pinback and fold-up catch lock) a year for sale on eBay (I don't recall seeing any on most dealer sites recently) - maybe one of the complex "clip-backs" and even less of the diskback KMSTs. I don't think it's a "need it now" thing, I think it's a rarity thing for advanced EK collectors. As a reference, the last KMST I remember Niemann selling was 440 Euro, probably a couple of years ago now (not that I look in every week any more). I've seen the clip-backs sell for US$1000. There is one type of diskback which I simply have not seen for sale recently at all - if one comes up it will go for big dollars - unless you have one you want to part with for a few hundred US$???

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, all sold off all my singles years back to pursue other things. Of course most of what I sold is now bringing 30% ++ more than I asked way back when. I agree, certainly not the easiest style to find. I've only seen one clip back one in the past year or so, but it was in the US and brought a bit less than they bring in Germany.