News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK1 Screwback

Here's one of my favourite makers-the filigrane type with the blued sheet metal core.....Between the washer and the EK is a piece of card-when you look at the washer it seems to be that it has been there for a long time....But let the pics speak(I can't think in english today...)

Micha

The only thing I can tell about that "star" marking-it can be found on various screws and washers......probably a quality mark? At the moment I can't remember that I've seen it directely at an iron cross-maybe some of the others knows more?

Micha

The "asterick", or "star" was commonly used in Austrian war-time pieces to signify the presence of a base metal as opposed to the "correct" metal of silver, or gold. The promise being that upon conclusion of the war the orders chancellry would provide you with a "proper" award.......