News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

United Arab Republic-Order of Merit

Yesterday I lost the aukcion ,but despite of the fact I decided to create the topic,because I did not find this order in the division.Simply,I offerred only 20euro for it and I lost the auction 5sec before the end. I have already met with the order in the flea markets and the meetings of collectors.Though the UAR existed too short time ,probably some Slovak and Czech experts were bestowed to the order.Not having the order I am not able to give the measures,but I am sure it is made from bronze.

1.jpg

2.jpg

vč.jpg

Nick,

Thanks for sharing this, and tough luck about being outbid at the last minute. That can be very frustrating, I know.

This is a UAR era award, from the (Egyptian) Military Technical College. It looks like the brass bar at the top has some writing on it but I can't read it. Awards like this are commonly given to the top students from each graduating class, and also probably to some faculty or guests. Because Czechoslovakia did provide considerable support to Egypt during the UAR era, I would agree with you that a Czech or Slovak expert was presented with this award.

Best,
    Chris

Nick,

Thanks for sharing this, and tough luck about being outbid at the last minute. That can be very frustrating, I know.

This is a UAR era award, from the (Egyptian) Military Technical College. It looks like the brass bar at the top has some writing on it but I can't read it. Awards like this are commonly given to the top students from each graduating class, and also probably to some faculty or guests. Because Czechoslovakia did provide considerable support to Egypt during the UAR era, I would agree with you that a Czech or Slovak expert was presented with this award.

Best,
    Chris

Chris,thanks for your interest to the topic.Not knowing the price I did not offer too a big money.Probably,somebody needed it more than me.All 9 nine days the auction was without  bidding.

Nick,

Chris is correct and the top line reads "Faith Science Work" - I attach a scan of the example I have - perhaps Academy is better than College??

A similar award was issued by the War Academy with the suspension bar reading, "Duty Honour Nation"

Regards,

Owain

Unidentified_Medal.jpg

Egypt Military Academy Obverse.jpg

Egypt Military Academy Reverse.jpg