News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with this Soviet badge marked "FIA Lyon"

Eric Gaumann

Can you help me with this strange, Soviet badge, please?

I've collected Soviet items for years now and have never seen a Soviet badge manufactured by a Capitalist Country.  This Soviet style looks to me 1950s, but It could be earlier, even pre-WW2.  It's a long service (10 years I assume) badge issued by a 'sports committee' in the USSR.  Google shows me FIA Lyon started (and still exists) as a badge and medal manufacturer in 1928.

Any ideas?

fiaR.jpg

fiaO.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=спотркомитет+ссср+за+долголетнюю+работу&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

In my opinion the topic belongs to Soviet badges division.There are many of them for sale in Russian forums or shops.Material-silver.Here you are with the document -1980.

2.jpg

3.jpg

a.jpg

За др р.jpg

5.jpg

7 hours ago, nickstrenk said:

In my opinion the topic belongs to Soviet badges division.

True, but I know what it is.  I just don't know why it was made in France?  Was hoping one of the learned members here knew a little about FIA Lyon.

• 2 months later...

Hello Eric,

I have no idea why FIA (which stands for Fabrique d'Insignes Artistiques, formerly Augis a Lyon based maker of badges and medals) got the contract to produce those badges.

The badge is for the Sport Commitee of the USSR. I believe X, XV, XX stands for 10, 15 or 20 years membership ?

Cheers

Bill

Edited by WRANGEL