News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please help with pins Deutsche Lufthansa AG

Hi Gents,

someone out here that can enlighten me with some pins from the Deutsche Lufthansa AG?

First this pin:

74771587_ak20190309_081939.thumb.jpg.2aeae2d15a3f55548081013804780e17.jpg

I´m looking forward to each information.

Kind regards
    Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

Sorry, I should've been more clear- I have my doubts as far as its originality goes. If it is a figment of a faker's imagination as I think it is, then it will be impossible to figure out what the maker had in mind when he produced those.

Regarding the 25 year swastika pins (I assume you mean those): the company they supposedly represent was founded in 1926.

The other three stickpins are typically marketed as vintage 1920's Lufthansa insignia but are in fact pins of the German Aero Club (DAeC), an organization founded in 1950. As for the faithful service pins- its verso with its Roman numeral is, shall we say, as unorthodox as its obverse with its combination of paint and enamel (among other things). To the best of my knowledge, all original ones, starting with No. 1 (awarded to E. Milch, exactly 15 years after the inception of Lufthansa, on Jan. 06, 1941), were stamped with Arabic numerals.

I am sure there are those here that remember the unexpected discovery of rather large number of those pins anywhere and everywhere, typically in tandem with enamel Zeppelin insignia, about 10 years ago.

Image credits to their posted owners.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 10.03.08 AM.png

The Blue enamel pins are still awarded today at Lufthansa, but just the round bit without the eagle.

If I remember correctly there is the basic blue one (for everyone) then one gold ring, then two gold rings, then one with inversed colors... i.e. the badge is gold with blue rings.