News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

India Territorial Army Medal

dug

Not named or numbered on reverse,  presumably not named or numbered on edge?  First I've seen with such a thin "Territorial" bar--with reverse image of letters visible.  Looks like base metal or silvered base metal -- I'd bet a tailor's copy.   Believe that issue medals still made of silver.  

Edited by 922F
    spelchek

I would agree with 922F, this is probably a tailor's copy. The one I have is struck from silver, named and the detail is much more "crisp" especially the word "Territorial" on the medal's bar.

Still a tailor's copy is not worthless in a collection at least until an original comes along.

Regards

Brian

I have been told, by Ed Haynes a number of years ago, that once a soldier is awarded a medal he (or she) is expected that medal or the ribbon without the medal to appear on the medal bar by the time of the next parade. Apparently it takes time for the medal to arrive in the soldier's hands. I have several with what looks like medals missing when in fact is is a matter of just the ribbon there representing the medal itself. I suspect that the tailor's copies fill that regulation's need, providing the service person has the funds, which lower ranks probably lack.

Regards

Brian