News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bit of an Ebay scam I thought I'd share.

There seems to be a bit of an Ebay scam I thought I'd share. I'm sure people know but I thought I'd share it in case anyone gets caught out. 

Buyers will wait until a few days short of a month has gone past, then they'll contact you asking for the Royal Mail tracking number as they claim they'd not received their item. The last two times this has happened I've been lucky and still had the number and been able to prove they'd signed for it. Then comes the, "ohh, sorry, yeah I did receive it after all" email. One time I didn't have the number and had to refund. The first 2 were outside the EU, the refund one was within the UK. 

Seems people are waiting for the last day or so for them to be able to open an 'unreceived item' case against you in the hope you've not kept the tracking number, then getting a refund from eBay. 

Just thought I'd share that, to warn people. 

Edited by Duncan

Great advice. Never thought of that particular scam. I will say, though, that tracking numbers are crucial, whether coming or going, because of where I live. A one month travel time for parcels, to or from Alaska, is not excessive. 

Mike. 

12 hours ago, Egorka said:

Hello, 

But is not the tracking number recorded in eBay system after you post? 

Yes, it does give you the option of listing the tracking number on Ebay, which would stop this happening. There's been a few times though when I've had loads of sales all at once and I've just not had the time to list them all, or just forgot. 

Edited by Duncan