News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German spiked helmet help please

A Prussian Infantry pickelhaube for ORs .the scroll reads As prize to the ......Company Royal Swedish Leibregimemt Queen .under the scroll ,the Landwehr Cross normally carried over the chest of the eagle by Reserve units. But... some details dont fits well .

I agree with Bayern. I think this is an artificially aged repro of a pickelhaube to fusilier regiment 33 or 34. I don’t know how much an original would cost, but a lot more than a standard Prussian OR pickelhaube.

• 1 month later...
    On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:59, pjac said:

I agree with Bayern. I think this is an artificially aged repro of a pickelhaube to fusilier regiment 33 or 34. I don’t know how much an original would cost, but a lot more than a standard Prussian OR pickelhaube.

I suspect it came from the same source as this one, deliberately aged repro, looks convincing though if you're no expert, fortunately this was about the same price as a repro so took an punt on  no great financial loss, made in the UK I'm lead to believe

DSC_0069 copy.JPG

DSC_0070 copy.JPG