News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWII Campaign Star ribbons - Available loose?

I recently bought a copy set of all 9 the British WWII campaign stars and was wondering if there is some company where I can buy the loose ribbons and mount them myself.

I have 6 other British medals for which I ordered a ribbon bar from a reputable company and when it arrived only the two lowest ranked medals' ribbons was correctly mounted. I complained to them by e-mail and their response within 10 minutes was ''fix it yourself or if you can't return it to us''. Needless to say I fixed it myself which took a bit of determination and strength. I decided to bury the hatchet with the company and asked them for a quote on mounting the 9 campaign medals but the quote is out of my league so my idea is to get a ribbon mount for 15 ribbons and mount all the ribbons myself but I'm not aware of any company that sells loose ribbons as a big part of their business seems to be the assembly of ribbon bars. I am also aware that in the process I might go against British Army regulations by mounting only 3 ribbons per row instead of the standard 4-5 but I'm a private collector so I don't see how they could court-marshal me for displaying my medals the way I want to.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Marcon,

Thanks for the reply but I'm not referring to the ribbon that attaches to the medal itself. I attach a picture of what I mean: I am looking for those short pieces of ribbon that you can secure on a ribbon bar mount that's worn in the place of the actual medals themselves under certain circumstances.

IMG_20190924_161756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply from the company that sent me the ribbons in the picture above after I asked them if they could send me the loose ribbons for the 9 campaign medals. Their reply was ''we don't sell loose ribbons to ''do it yourself'' enthusiasts...we only sell 6 inch length ribbons''. That after I queried their wrong assembly of the above ribbon bar and their reply, strangely enough, was ''fix it yourself''. If it wasn't so absurdly contradictory I would have called their bluff on it.