News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting 10 Jäger Gebirgs Jacket

21 minutes ago, Bayern said:

Hello , the pockets and their buttons must had have a purpose , it was not German practice to waste material for the sake of mere appareance, 

They gave staff officers swords? ?

from what I see the pockets are flat, and there are no functional flaps? you can maybe slip a match book into the pocket?

Chris , All German officers carried in the Field first a sword or sabre , senior NCOs too ,later a bayonet with officer swordknot , but this was practical ,as the bayonet knots carried by lower NCOs and troopers. the tunic weared by the Jager looks as a special garment ,a windproof jacket perhaps like those of the Mountain Troops ,

2 hours ago, Bayern said:

Chris , All German officers carried in the Field first a sword or sabre

Indeed... I was refering to your comment that the Germans did not waste material for the sake of appearance ... I thnk we can agree that swords are about as useful as tits on a bull ?