News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian Medal or Badge

Gentlemen and Ladies if one happens to visit the thread,

I have an artifact that I am unable to identify.  It is a miniature and In the auction description it say "officer distinctive, plated & with two crosses for merit in Italian War".  I can't tell if the two marks on the back are makers marks or places where a pin and catch used to be.  The picture doesn't seem to fit the artifact description in the auction.  Does anyone recognize this items and if so what can you tell me about it?

Regards,

Gordon

H2672-L201924333b.jpg

H2672-L201924332a.jpg

Hi Gordon.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Italy, it's The Badge of Honour of the Danish Reserve Officer's Organization.

Instituted 27.4.1950 under the reign of King Frederik IX.

Hope this helps?

Regards, Lars

To add to Lars' description, I don't think this is the actual decoration but a related emblem of some sort.

The decoration is a multi-piece construction like shown here. There is normally a number on the reverse and the decoration has to be returned after the death of the recipient,

LS8-013_obv.jpg

LS8-013_rev.jpg

Michael, it's a miniature, that's why it isn't made like the full size award, I have a few, different makers, but the same construction.

Gordon, if you buy the lot and don't need this you could think of me as I don't have this maker ?

roff.jpg.3a8f7f9f6243771527ef4aaf0aff268d.jpg

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all over useful information that you have posted.  I knew that the auction house description didn't make much sense and didn't really expect to get any answers to my thread so am very please with your response.

larsb001,

If I win the auction and decide to sell this miniature I will certainly contact you.  Would be able to tell me who the maker of this piece is who who else made these miniatures?

Regards,

Gordon