News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Vizeadmiral Leo Jacobson Roter Adler-Orden Question

With the 1918 Rangliste I can confirm he was awarded the Roter Adler-Orden 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub.

Can anyone confirm he was awarded the Roter Adler-Orden 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Stern mit Schwertern on 01 April 1918? The source for this information is the Excel Gesamtliste I was given on this forum. However, the surname is written as "Jacobsen". But I think it could be a typo because Hermann Jacobsen is listed as Vizeadmiral z.D. where his RAO is written.

Thanks for any help!

Untitled.jpg

• 4 months later...

Here the corret data of Leo Jacobsen from my List "Seeoffiziere". The complete list contains all ranks and branches of the imperial german navy, so it is not so detailed

Best regards
    Markus

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Centenarmedaille

Kapitänleutnant

1897, 03.22.S

Torpedowerkstatt Friedrichsort, Assistent

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

DK Danebrog-O. Ritterkreuz

Kapitänleutnant

1900, 12.10.

MOLTKE, 1. Offizier

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Türk. Osmanie-O. 3. Kl.

Korvettenkapitän

1901, 02.14.

MOLTKE, 1. Offizier

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Griech. Erlöser-O. Offizierkreuz

Korvettenkapitän

1901, 04.06.

MOLTKE, 1. Offizier

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. RAO 4. Kl.

Korvettenkapitän

1902, 01.19.

SCHWALBE, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Dienstauszeichnungskreuz XXV

Korvettenkapitän

1902, 05.01.R

SCHWALBE, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Kronen-O. 3. Kl.

Fregattenkapitän

1905, 06.23.

Marinestation der Ostsee, z. Vfg.

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Russ. St.Annen-O. 2. Kl.

Kapitän zur See

1906, 07.19.

YORCK, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. RAO 3. Kl. m. Schleife

Kapitän zur See

1907, 09.07.

YORCK, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Kronen-O. 2. Kl.

Kapitän zur See

1909, 09.05.

KURFUERST FRIEDRICH WILHELM, Kommandant

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. RAO 2. Kl. m. EL.

Konteradmiral

1912, 01.21.

II. Marine-Inspektion, Inspekteur

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Kronen-O. 2. Kl., Stern z.

Konteradmiral

1913, 06.16.

Helgoland, Kommandant von

Jacobson, Leo

1880, 04.15.

Pr. Eisernes Kreuz 1914 I. Kl.

Vizeadmiral

1918, 02.14.R

Helgoland, Kommandant von

• 1 month later...

Even then it is simply polite to thank someone who bothers to respond to your question. This is, after all, a gentleman's club. BTW, I've noticesd you mostly ask questions and rarely contribute - how come? 

Kind regards, 

Sandro

I agree, I should have thanked him. If you are reading this, thank you Markus. 

As you can see from my name, I am more of an expert on Kriegsmarine Admirals. And people here rarely have questions about Kriegsmarine Admirals. Don't you think I also contribute by asking questions? I personally do.

Regards

14 minutes ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

I agree, I should have thanked him. If you are reading this, thank you Markus. 

As you can see from my name, I am more of an expert on Kriegsmarine Admirals. And people here rarely have questions about Kriegsmarine Admirals. Don't you think I also contribute by asking questions? I personally do.

Regards

Frankly, no, contributing would mean sharing info you have, not having others answer your questions. I think your're filling your database, on the basis of publicly accessible pics.

Mind you, I have no issue with that per se, but would expect you to thank those who try to help you doing so, even if you don't find their contribution helpful. But I see we at least agree on that now.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

1 minute ago, Simius Rex said:

I don't know if you realize this, but we wouldn't even have a Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste if it weren't for Markus.  That's right... the person you are reluctant to thank because you "already have the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste" is the person who actually compiled and published the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. 

Also, I'm confused by the observation that you "contribute" by asking questions.  Going by that logic, I believe I can say that I contribute to meal preparation by eating the food. (My wife's going to be thrilled when I tell her that.)               

I didn't know that he compiled the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. I was given this list by another member of the forum. It's my bad then, and I apologize for my mistake.

My badge says I'm an active contributor on this forum. I don't care what other people think "active contribution" means. Sandro implied I only ask for help, while I give nothing in return. That's simply not true. Feel free to check my posting history, and you will see plenty of instances where I also helped and answered other people's questions. Regardless what you think, "asking questions" does indeed contribute to this forum. It opens new topics for discussion, and perhaps sparks the interest of other people. If we don't ask questions, then what's the point of having a forum like this?

I don't intend to quarrel further regarding this, and I won't be responding to any more of these kind of statements. If you can't help me with the question I originally asked on this thread, then please ignore it and move on, but don't attack me and my contribution on this forum. Otherwise, I will ask a moderator to lock this thread.

Regards

3 hours ago, Kriegsmarine Admiral said:

I didn't know that he compiled the Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste. I was given this list by another member of the forum. It's my bad then, and I apologize for my mistake.

My badge says I'm an active contributor on this forum. I don't care what other people think "active contribution" means. Sandro implied I only ask for help, while I give nothing in return. That's simply not true. Feel free to check my posting history, and you will see plenty of instances where I also helped and answered other people's questions. Regardless what you think, "asking questions" does indeed contribute to this forum. It opens new topics for discussion, and perhaps sparks the interest of other people. If we don't ask questions, then what's the point of having a forum like this?

I don't intend to quarrel further regarding this, and I won't be responding to any more of these kind of statements. If you can't help me with the question I originally asked on this thread, then please ignore it and move on, but don't attack me and my contribution on this forum. Otherwise, I will ask a moderator to lock this thread.

Regards

Not entirely sure why you're upset, because you asked the question whether questions count as contributions, and two members tell you they think not. BTW, on your own suggestion, I've quickly checked your list of latest posts, and all I could find were positings of you asking for help on identification of medals worn by admirals on pics scanned from the Hildebrandt series. I have no problem with that, but I can not see why you would get upset if people don't consider that a contribution.

A contribution would be me identifying the order of the griffon for you, as I did yesterday, or you sharing the list you have complied, like Markus did. 

Anyway, enough said, time to move on.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

2 hours ago, GdC26 said:

A contribution would be me identifying the order of the griffon for you, as I did yesterday, or you sharing the list you have complied, like Markus did. 

After I compile the lists of awards of all the Imperial (and other periods, for example Reichsmarine and pre-1871) admirals, I intend to share it. That's my ultimate goal. I did the same thing with Kriegsmarine Admirals. Over on the Axis History Forum I have a thread called "Database of Kriegsmarine Admirals" where I posted photos and lists of awards of every single Kriegsmarine Admiral. That was never done before (the lists of awards part I mean). Feel free to check it out: https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=239341

That is the main reason why I'm asking for help with awards of Imperial admirals on this forum. I think this forum has a lot of people who can help me with that kind of stuff, and I was not wrong so far.

And when I'm finished I want to post the lists on this forum, so anyone interested will be able to look it up. It's just that it takes time and effort to compile those lists. Currently I'm on the letter "S" of the alphabet.

2 hours ago, GdC26 said:

Not entirely sure why you're upset

I am upset because you questioned my contribution to this forum, and honestly I feel offended. You implied I was not "gentlemanly" enough because I didn't thank Markus. I corrected my mistake. And this was the only time I didn't thank someone for helping me. I always do, because it means a lot to me when members of this or other forums help me.

I agree that we should move on. I don't want this "incident" to get in the way of future cooperation.

Regards

Thanks Kriegsmarine Admiral, your comment about the list is helpful background. If you re-read the thread, you’ll see that I called your gentlemanliness into question after you expressly declined to thank Markus because had not given you anything you did not already have. You have since corrected that, and have now explained that you intend to disclose the list you are compiling, as you have done with a similar list posted elsewhere. If you do that, you are definitely a contributor, and your thank you to Markus reestablishes you as a gentleman. So case closed, as far as I’m concerned.

Kind regards,

Sandro