News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Afrika Korps pieces

Pics of the P-38 please ... (I have one too :rolleyes: )

Hi Darrell,

Happy to oblige, but I'd best do it later today if it's sunny so I can get the best light. :D Would love to see your baby as well. :cheers:

Thanks,

Dan

And maybe a couple picks of that wound badge too Dan :love:

Hi Greg,

Actually funny you should mention that! :lol: It took a bit of doing and a good bit of time but I finally got my humble little wound badge collection posted. Been wanting to do it for a while and just had to get the time set aside. Kim & Nick were both out tonight which helped... things were quiet, work was done, and we'd had sunshine today so I could retake the group shot. I'd actually forgotten to put the stickpin set in that one but I just added them. Just couldn't wait any longer. :rolleyes:

So that one is with the rest. I did a group shot and then went down the years from WWI with a cutout, a naval (both black), a full set of standard wounds as well as my full Prinzen set. Then my "Condor with hollow/solid back in silver. Then on to the set of WWII's, the stickpins then on to my 57 in Gold.

One of these days I would love to finish out sets on the cutout, the naval, the "Condor" and the 57's. Yet another of those "long term goals". :rolleyes:

Well, gotta hit the bed as it's 4:06 a.m. here and it's been an extremely long day. Just finished a project for a friend and I'm beat. But will be back on later today and hope to dig up some more goodies to post. :D

Many thanks for taking a peek and glad you enjoyed. Let me know what you think of the wounds when you get a chance.

Have a great one! :cheers:

Dan

Oh god cloth, really not my thing, I even have one but it's all in the bank now ! One small provincial way to tell good from bad are the sizes of the 'holes' in the letters with a combination of other things. When shown the differences by an avid collector of cloth certain things stand out, my knoweldge on these as I say is very limited and my memory: semi senile, so other opinions would be desired.

Dare I say, it appears (the impression I have) more good than bad even from this pic.

Thr Italo/German medal looks ok too. But for confrmation of both such, would need more detailed pic's and close up pic's really.

Over to the experts,

Kr

Marcus

But for confrmation of both such, would need more detailed pic's and close up pic's really.

Over to the experts,

Kr

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Many thanks for taking a peek and having a go at them. I really have never felt "uncomfortable" with either of those pieces... the cuff title I got in a shoe box sized lot and nothing in the lot turned out to be repro... of course that's never an absolute. The other I admit I did get from that guy in Pinellas Park that I mention in both my wound and my WWII IC 1st posts.

I should mention... and had intended to do this before but forgot. The German/Italian medal... the ribbon is indeed a replacement... I think it's from original stock and I'd be happy to check it at some point but right now it means a trip down to the bunker again, digging out my black light, finding enough AA's and going at it. Doesn't sound like much but as it's sunny I'm hoping to do some more pics to post as well as posting some things I've already got the pics for. Probably will take me most of the day.

But here's the thing... the "original" ribbon is still on it... under the new one! And trust me... it's original! Looks like it's been through a war and back. Not tattered or anything, just faded and used looking. I love the vibrant colors in this ribbon so put the new over the old. The old is, I believe stitched with period stitching. Again be happy to check this with the BL in the next few days. But I'd be extremely shocked to find out it was anything other than A-Okay. :speechless1::D

But hey, as you say... you "experts" out there... chime in! :D

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan