News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fake or Real 1941 EK1 by Deumer

Hi,

I came across  of this 1941 EK1 WW2 production by Deumer

I know that the two well known Variants of this cross have open 4 on the Date 1914 This particular one has a closed 4

Graf

015b.jpg

015c.jpg

017-9.jpg

Edited by Graf

Graf,

It has been my understanding for years that these crosses that have a ridge around the edge of the clam shell back are fake.  Here is a picture of one from emdals that does not have a ridge around the edge of the clam shell back.  I am not making any comments on the authenticity of the emdals cross.  Just using it for comparison purposes.

Regards,

Gordon

an_iron_cross_1s_550715e357fd8.jpg

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the reply

In another Thread Those four clam shell were posted

It looks the clam shell on this cross looks OK My question was about the cross itself So far I have never seen before a cross with closed arms of the number  4 all of Deumer crosses  I have seen were with open arms of the number 4 of the date

Graf

Ashampoo_Snap_2012.10.20_12h12m47s_001_.jpg.362a0c42dbc864999c22d3269f2085ba.jpg

Good Morning,

Interesting picture.  Too bad someone else hasn't made a post to answer your question.  I'm not an expert on the EK 1 1914 but  I checked all of the 1914 crosses that I own and they all have an open 4.  Here is the cross that I have, with a clam shell back, that I have always considered to be a copy because of the ridge around the clam shell.  It is quite well made and of three piece construction.  But the silver on the edges of the cross has never tarnished in the 20 years that I have owned it but has started to peal off. It has an open 4.  Good luck in your search for an answer to your question.

Regards,

Gordon

DSC00739.JPG

DSC00741.JPG

could his be a 1957 version? deumer was one of two companies authorized to make replacement ww1/ww2 medals and they did so until the late 60s. just to make sure, what's the measurement of the frame? it's possible it's a nice rare earlyish post-war variant made using old stock.

that being said, i don't particularly like this part of the frame:

deumer1914.jpg.287d767380fdb7e39daf1b769cc06644.jpg

p.s also, is the core magnetic?

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

Hi

Thank you for your opinion

I agree with Eric That it could be a nice post war production using original parts I assume the maker used different core either because the original  tools were damaged or to distinguish the post war production from the earlier ones

I have not asked whether the core is magnetic. Just came across this EK while browsing on internet

I do not know the size , however comparing the frames the cross looks wider the any of the known early production.

Pity i had one few years ago, however I sold it as part of trimming and reshaping my collection ..and i did not keep pictures of it

Graf