News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

George V 'King's Medal', Awarded per London City Council ?

Hello Gents, I thought I might inquire about this particular Medal, as I really don't know very much about it, other than the obvious intention of the award, as indicated on it ? The only reason I purchased it to begin with was the price. I'm into it for the whopping sum of $12.50 USD. ( RE:  $5.00 Medal + $7.50 Shipping ) I believe it's from the WW1 era, although I'm not certain. Could anyone please give me an idea as to if it was worth my 'investment', and or anything else about it ? It appears to be officially engraved to someone named: F. Barry. THANK YOU Guys,

Best,   Dom P. / dpast32@aol.com

s-l1600 - 2020-09-22T104601.032.jpg

s-l1600 - 2020-09-22T104538.637.jpg

Edited by dpast32

THANK YOU Graham & Dave W., as always, I really do appreciate the kind replies. I have observed a few various examples over the years, but unless they were related to a particular group, I wasn't interested in the least. On this one however, I felt that for $12.50 U.S., I shouldn't pass it up. I'll put it away in my junk drawer, just in case I ever do have a need for it ? Not to change the subject too much, but I also noted a nice, 1903 'Visit To Scotland' U.K. Police Medal, at IIRC $90.00 U.S.D.. Now that's much more in my line, but I did vow NOT to buy anything else unless it was an absolute 'steal', so to speak. Personally, I just love the U.K. Police / Law Enforcement awards, but to delve into another collecting realm at this point isn't financially feasible right now. So, I simply have to stick with dreaming about them !! THANKS,

Best,    Dom P. / dpast32