News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kraftfahrer Driver unknown uniform

The Prussian

Hello!

Is someone able to ID this uniform? I haven´t seen such an uniform before. The armband seems to show a double-headed-eagle.

So maybe Austria or Russia?

The reverse is absolutly blank

Thanks a lot!

unbekannt (Kraftfahrer, Litzen).jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-29 um 17.44.16.png

2 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hello!

Is someone able to ID this uniform? I haven´t seen such an uniform before. The armband seems to show a double-headed-eagle.

So maybe Austria or Russia?

Is it military or maybe a driver fro noble people?

The reverse is absolutly blank

Thanks a lot!

unbekannt (Kraftfahrer, Litzen).jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-29 um 17.44.16.png

Now it´s shown twice... I think I clicked the wrong button...

Edited by The Prussian

• The Prussian changed the title to Kraftfahrer Driver unknown uniform

I think he is a chauffeur for a State Minister or some other state function.  To me it is a  German Chauffeurs uniform, not Austro-Hungarian.  Also note the cockade on the cap, saying Prussian/German.

Yes the cockade does seem to be on the large side, but I still think German.  Perhaps a private chauffeur 'enlistef' for the duration and out fitted by his boss? Pure speculation of course.

I have looked, but I can't see a double headed eagle. That doesn't mean that it isn't, just that I can't see it. The shield on the eagles chest is more indicative of a German badge than an Austrian one. 

This is an interesting post and I hope we crack the mystery.

The Prussian ,to me is a Austrian First Republic state Chauffeur . the Eagle appears to be in black with the Austrian Republic Shield on the chest , the leggings are certainly of good quality and not of the strapped type common in the Austro Hungarian Army .

The cockade doesn't look right for a Austrian 1st republic one.   They tended to be quite distinctive in the red/white/red and this one appears to be a roundel typical of Germany.

The leather legging are not what I associate with Austria, although they are probably 'private' purchase and of course they would vary. So the jury is out on that item.

My money (if I had any) would be on Wiemar period. I have seen the armband or something very similar on another forum a looong time ago, but I can't remember where.