News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Roter Adler-Orden of Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Schröder

I have a question very similar to the one I asked about the Roter Adler-Orden of Char. Vizeadmiral Hugo von Schuckmann. See here: https://gmic.co.uk/topic/77147-roter-adler-orden-of-char-vizeadmiral-hugo-von-schuckmann/

Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Schröder was awarded the RAO2mE on 08 August 1889. The Seeoffiziere Gesamtliste, just like in Schuckmann's case, lists the KO2mSt twice (see the photo below). I believe the first date (11 January 1892) is the date of him being awarded the Stern to the Kronen-Orden 2. Klasse.

The second date (17 January 1892) should then be the award date of the Stern to his RAO2mE. Schröder is not listed in the oldest Rangliste I have (1894), because he retired on 6 November 1893.

If anyone has the 1893 Rangliste, could you please look up Vizeadmiral Schröder and see if he was awarded the Stern to his RAO2mE.

Thanks!

Schröder.jpg

I guess he then wasn't awarded the Stern to his RAO2mE. And the two dates listed for his KO2mSt both refer to the KO2. But only one date can be correct.

I just found the PDF of the Deutscher Ordens-Almanach 1904/05 you used for Hugo von Schuckmann.

Here, Schröder also doesn't have the Stern to his RAO2mE.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral