News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ID'd : Imperial Soldier Support Association, Supporting Member Badge

Hendrik

• Hendrik changed the title to ID'd : Imperial Soldier Support Association, Supporting Member Badge
    • 2 weeks later...

P.S. Second type badge that was introduced back in 1935.

Uhmmm...  Are you sure about this ?

I believe that in origin it had the same name but was not the same group.  I seem to remember that this one was founded in 1935 and then merged with the other in 1936.

Am I wrong ?

Thanx

Dan.

Edited by Danny63

Maybe I have been misunderstood.

About a year ago I read a declassified American intelligence report, dated 1945.

In this document all the paramilitary associations active at that time were mentioned, including this one. The description was :

(I summarize because at this moment I can't find the original document):

"Paramilitary association founded on January 1, 1896 by Major General Kawakami Soroku to give assistance and comfort to the soldiers who had fought the first Sino-Japanese war. (......). In 1935 (I don't remember where, but I think it was in the kansai ) a new group with identical purposes was born (no mention about who and why). This group has a similar name that sound different but it was curiously written in the same way (帝國軍人後援會) and for this reason, to avoid misunderstanding, it was commonly called "Yatagarasu Kouenkai". About a year later this group merges with the original one giving life to a larger and more widespread group that still exists today  (in 1945). "

Since then I have often looked for some source that could confirm or deny this reconstruction, but I have never been able to find one that is truly reliable. For this reason, if you have a link or some specific reference on this topic and you want to share it here, I would be really happy to know something more about this argument.

Thanx in advance .

Dan

Edited by Danny63

1 hour ago, Danny63 said:

Since then I have often looked for some source that could confirm or deny this reconstruction, but I have never been able to find one that is truly reliable. For this reason, if you have a link or some specific reference on this topic and you want to share it here, I would be really happy to know something more  

Yea, right ... 

Since then I have often looked for some source that could confirm or deny this reconstruction, but I have never been able to find one that is truly reliable. For this reason, if you have a link or some specific reference on this topic and you want to share it here, I would be really happy to know something more  

I'm still waiting for your breath my prophet ...

please, show me the way.

Dan

Expand  

Next step - a long close look at this urushi. 

Inside the "leg" 

昭和十年 - 1935 

It was issued to commemorate the visit of prince Kan'in Kotohito to the Fukushima branch of the association. 

1.thumb.jpg.43d6fbbd3b622fd5562346c12ca406f4.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.306633051d55144f55a1534bddde7ad0.jpg

As we see birdy is already in place ;) 

6.thumb.jpg.cfaac94ff770951a791bcddf0ec73783.jpg

Edited by JapanX