News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

CERTIFICATES of the Order Red Banner , Russian Federation

I have two different design Certificates of Award of the Order of the Red Banner .

One dated 19 Dec 1920 ( signed by Levandovsky , Commander 9th Army ) to a Pilot, 35th Air Recon.Unit 

The other dated 18 March 1921 (  signed by E.Sklyansky , Deputy Chairman Rev.Mil.Council ) to an Armoured Car Driver , 53rd Turkistan Armoured Automobile Detachment 

I would be intersted to know whether these ORB certficates , in their various types , have been subject to study and publication  and also whether there is much collector interest in them as opposed to the badges themselves

I would imagine that they are scarcer than the badges , Can anyone confirm this?

Both certificates are numbered , the earlier in the 11 to 12 thousand rage and the later in the 4 to 5 thousand range .

Would these certificate numbers tie up with badge numbers ?

• 2 months later...

In answer to Cazack : I  do not have photograpic facilities to post illustrations

In any event , such are not necessary to the questions posed since basic relevant details have been given 

You will find basic info about early types of docs here.

m46d2fea.thumb.jpg.6027f2c507c9f5ec96bbc626ab2bcc84.jpg

On 18/12/2020 at 12:35, numis said:

I would be intersted to know whether these ORB certficates , in their various types , have been subject to study and publication  and also whether there is much collector interest in them as opposed to the badges themselves

I would imagine that they are scarcer than the badges , Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, they are.

On 18/12/2020 at 12:35, numis said:

Both certificates are numbered , the earlier in the 11 to 12 thousand rage and the later in the 4 to 5 thousand range .

Would these certificate numbers tie up with badge numbers ?

No, they would`t.

For example

y.thumb.jpg.963dcd47f1731975b9bf859bc1197738.jpg

Edited by JapanX

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I do not speak Russian so am unable to access sources in this language 

Regarding the early Certificates of Award for the ORB of the RSFSR:

The two  different types that I have are different to that illustrated by Japan X.

Is it known exactly how many different types  there were ?

As surviving  certificates are apparently scarcer than surviving badges and the total number of certificates was split over a  number of different types  , I would imagine that some particular types could be quite rare