Morning,

please see below his entries from the Offizier-Stammliste of Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 43 and from the book "Führer des Reichsheeres 1921 und 1931" As can be seen from the latter, he retired in 1925. He died in 1934.

Regards

Glenn

Hünicken 43.jpg

Hünicken.jpg

The Offizier-Stammliste with Oberleutnant (16.6.1890) is a bit off ... 😉 I'm sure they meant 16.6.1900.

Glenn, I was able to find some decorations, I do not know, if I have gotten them all:

Zentenarmedaille, 1897

Roter Adlerorden, IV. Klasse

Albrechts-Orden, Ritterkreuz I. Klasse (SA3a)

Eisernes Kreuz (1914), II. und I. Klasse

Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz, 1915

Hessische Tapferkeitsmedaille (HT)

Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinischer Hausorden, Ritterkreuz I. Klasse mit Schwertern (EH3a⚔)

Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern

Verwundetenabzeichen (1918) in Mattweiß (Silber)

Oberst Hünicken's orders as listed in the 1924 Reichsheer Rangliste correspond exactly with your list (apart from the centenary medal which is never listed). Here is a better Reichsheer portrait of him which shows his awards nicely.

Regards

Glenn

1843349076_hnickenemilrir254.thumb.jpg.ffd4feace832361159d2452d914992da.jpg

Superb picture, thank you! Here are his promotions, I think and hope, I have gotten them right:

4. September 1890 Avantageur (Fahnenjunker)

18. April 1891 Fähnrich

17. November 1891 Sekondeleutnant

16. Juni 1900 Oberleutnant

11. September 1907 Hauptmann

27. Januar 1915 Major

1. Oktober 1920 Oberstleutnant

1. Juni 1923 Oberst

19 hours ago, Glenn J said:

Oberst Hünicken's orders as listed in the 1924 Reichsheer Rangliste correspond exactly with your list (apart from the centenary medal which is never listed). Here is a better Reichsheer portrait of him which shows his awards nicely.

Regards

Glenn

1843349076_hnickenemilrir254.thumb.jpg.ffd4feace832361159d2452d914992da.jpg

What is number 4?  Is that the Dienstauszeichnungskreuz?