News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, 

I'm wondering if some of Prinz Adalbert's awards could be identified 

So far, from what I can gather his awards are: 

Schwartzer Adler Orden Burststern

Roter Adler Orden - Gross Kreuz 

Preußen Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern Kette der Großkomture

Ordenschnalle: 

1. Roter Adler Orden 3. Klasse mit Krone 

2. Kronen Orden 3. Klasse 

3. Goldene Erinnerungsmedaille an Fürst Carl Anton

3/4. 1897 Zentarmedaille

4. China Denkmunze

5. Schweden Pro Patria Medaille?

6. ?

The rest are unknown

Preußen Erinnerungszeichen zur Silbernen Hochzeit auf SAO-Band

Preussen Adalbert von Prinz von Preussen*14071884son of Wilhelm IIPortrait  in uniform Photographer Ferd Urbahns 1914… | History war, German history,  Black aesthetic

Displaying IMG-1272.JPGDisplaying IMG-1273.JPGDisplaying IMG-1274.JPGDisplaying IMG-1276.JPGDisplaying IMG-1280.JPGDisplaying IMG-1279.JPGDisplaying IMG-1278.JPGDisplaying IMG-1277.JPG

I don't believe medal 5 is the Swedish Pro Patria medal, it would not make sense since it's a civilian medal awarded for long and faithful service. The Pro Patria medal also has the kings profile on the front and the ribbon is black with yellow edges, which this medal don't seem to have. 

I rather believe it's the Swedish medal of the Sword (Svärdsmedaljen) which was awarded to military personnel. Kaiser Wilhelm II received a special gold version in 1875. It was the only gold medal ever awarded. 

2 hours ago, JohanH said:

I don't believe medal 5 is the Swedish Pro Patria medal, it would not make sense since it's a civilian medal awarded for long and faithful service. The Pro Patria medal also has the kings profile on the front and the ribbon is black with yellow edges, which this medal don't seem to have. 

I rather believe it's the Swedish medal of the Sword (Svärdsmedaljen) which was awarded to military personnel. Kaiser Wilhelm II received a special gold version in 1875. It was the only gold medal ever awarded. 

Yes! Thank you, I knew I was in the ballpark with the medal being Swedish, could the next one be possibly ottoman or have some North African connection?