News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Panzer Frank Reif Maker

Can we see better pics of the hinge, pin, and catch please. It looks to me like it might not be original.

thanks

Don

Avitas,

I am not an expert in Heer Badges, yet this badge does not match any known originals I have seen either. I hope that the experts can tell me I am wrong.

Regards

Paul

Guest Darrell

Sorry mate I agree with the others. It looks like a bad casting jobbie to me.

You have posted several badges on the forum that all seem to have the same hinge and pin setups. I don't want to cause any undue alarm, but ... did you get all these from the same source?

Yes, i bought them all in one big lot from the same guy. He is an older German fellow here in kelowna and he swears up and down they are authentic. I have no reason to believe he would intentionally sell me fakes, he either doesn't know (he says they're all late war pieces out of Kriegsmetall). Is there no chance this could be OK?

Thanks,

Pat

Guest Darrell

Hi Pat,

Well, the Panzer Assault badge is 100% bad. I hate to say that, but it is. Quite often in this hobby we have to over look the "stories" and judge the pieces on their own.

While I'm the last guy who knows everything, I do know what can be classified as bad right away. There are some extremely good fakes that have been around for ages. The judgements that the people make on these forums are based on years of experience and back up their knowledge with facts.

The other badges you have posted ... if you can take larger pictures just like this one it would help.

Thanks again,

Darrell

Thanks Darrell,

I have already put some bigger pics of the CCC's on the topics, and when I get som more time I can put bigger ones on the Kriegsmarine badges I have posted. I will update them all with bigger pics over the next few days so keep an eye out for updates,

Later,

Pat