News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gentlemen,

I recently acquired the following ordensspange:

It came with a note that it belonged to Walter Karl Erich Brande  (1886-1975). 

I would be very grateful if you find any information linked to when he received the Zahringer Lion 2nd Class and any information concerning his military carrier and ranks. 

Thank you a lot in advance.

Lucky

IMG_8785.jpeg

It is Brandl, not Brande.

He received the BZ3bX on 27.10.1917 as an überplanmäßiger Feldgeistlicher in the 28. Reserve-Division. He received the EK2 on 6.11.1915.

He was a Hofvikar in Karlsruhe and from 1916-1918 Hofdiakon.

There is a brief bio here: https://www2.landesarchiv-bw.de/ofs21/olf/einfueh.php?bestand=60572

There is also a Nachlaß and there are several personnel files in the archives in Karlsruhe.

Hi Dave!

Thank you a lot for this very interesting information!

I can see he was appointed by Frederick II of Baden himself.

Would it be possible to know where you found the information concerning the dates of his awards ?

Thank you.

Lucky

23 hours ago, Dave Danner said:

The BZ3bX date is from the award roll. The EK2 date is from his EK2 document, which is in his Nachlaß in the Landesarchiv.

For the award rolls, are there some publicly available sources or this is mainly available through books which are not to be find online ? 

Thank you, 

Lucky

26 minutes ago, LuckySlevin said:

For the award rolls, are there some publicly available sources or this is mainly available through books which are not to be find online ? 

Thank you, 

Lucky

The rolls of Baden awards were prepared by Erhard Roth and published by the Phaleristischer Verlag Michael Autengruber. 

• 2 weeks later...