News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

12 hours ago, saschaw said:

Then your answer might be: It has to be something like Montenegrinische goldene Verdienstmedaille. Just a guess, but it certainly is something from the Principality of Montenegro...

;)

I see! Thanks for the clarification. the montenegrin souvereign looks nothing like his photos ?

• 3 months later...
    On 20/02/2022 at 12:49, saschaw said:

I think the fourth neck cross remained unnamed until now. It's apparently not listed in his DOA 1908/09 entry, but my best guess would be an Ehrenkomturkreuz of the Großherzoglich Oldenburgischer Haus- und Verdienstorden des Herzogs Peter Friedrich Ludwig. But is it? Might anyone have a younger source mentioning Robert Esser with this award?

I asked a fellow Oldenburg collector to have a look into this, and he told me "1914 ist kein Robert Esser im Staatshandbuch verzeichnet, zu keiner Ordensklasse. Auch kein Esser allgemein". This leaves us with two possibilities: He received an Oldenburg house and merit order at a later point and the photo was taken afterwards, or it's indeed something else. But if so, what could it be?!

:wacky: