News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 spange

Hi there,

I have EK1 spange here for opinions, I bought this one a couple years ago when I was just starting to collect and was wondering if it original or not. It has been clipped for some reason, but it has pretty good details. Any opinions on its originality?

Thanks

Pat

Sorry for accidentally typing in EK2 instead of EK1 on the topic title, oh well, my loss. But anybody who thought this was an EK2 spange post is welcome to leave opinions on this EK1 Spange. :speechless:

Sorry for accidentally typing in EK2 instead of EK1 on the topic title, oh well, my loss. But anybody who thought this was an EK2 spange post is welcome to leave opinions on this EK1 Spange. :speechless:

Thats OK... we ALL do silly things from time to time. Speaking of which, I believe that the improperly placed spange is a reproduction... It does fit into any examples I know of that are verified as original. The reason I stated that it was misplaced is because it should be placed on a 1914 EK2 ribbon like the one I posted.

Also I believe that this is supposed to be a copy of an EK1 spange

Here is a link with various examples of the EK2 spange.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6634&st=20

Avitas, it's difficult to compare an EKII spange to an EKI, it's the old apples to oranges thing. ;) Yours has seen some serious modification in the form of grinding or filing on the ends of the plinth. These pieces will vary from maker to maker with subtle die characteristics. Do a search on EKI spangen under various wordings and you will see some authentic prime examples.

• 4 months later...

HI

I believe it used to be a good deumer L11 at one time.It's a shame some one messed it up. :angry:

David R.

Yes, it is a shame but I got it at a discounted price so as long as it is original at least then I got my money's worth. How would a clipping like this affect the value of it, would it be almost worthless or still keep some of it's value? I don't usually ask about money and such, not looking for a specific value or anything, just a general idea on how much these sort of "mods" affect value on items.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Pat

Sorry but i don't have any idea how much it's worth now? I know I would not pay over 75.00 for it.

David Robertson

Yes, it is a shame but I got it at a discounted price so as long as it is original at least then I got my money's worth. How would a clipping like this affect the value of it, would it be almost worthless or still keep some of it's value? I don't usually ask about money and such, not looking for a specific value or anything, just a general idea on how much these sort of "mods" affect value on items.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Pat