News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents Greetings:

I got an Laplandshield (I guess 1957 made by Steinhauer & Lueck)

Aluminium Weights 4 gramm Height  68mm x Width 40mm Back two Prongs

I know they were not "official" but obviously sold.Any Idea on this Please?

Thanks & Regards Jurgen

2022-02-03_114027.jpg

2022-02-03_134946.jpg

Hi Jurgen,

why do you write "I guess 1957 made by Steinhauer & Lueck"?

This is not an original shield, and it can be made by Steinhauer & Lück, beginning in the early 50s.

But there is nothing to combine with the 1957er decorations, since a 1957er version of this shield does not exist.

Uwe

Hallo Uwe

I not saying thats an "Original" I know them were  very primitive made in the POW Camps by the Soldiers. the 1957 wasn made "Official" ..and not aczepted as such.

I seen more what looked like mine as Steinhauer & Lueck them and Souval in Vienna made them..

so again:" I guess" them were made vor the Veterans..who wanted a "better made Shield"? 

and here Y' can see a Katalog were this Version appears! Beste Gruesse Juergen

Katalog 2.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition Photo

Hi Uwe its the second left!

here some Veterans wore this  Shield who obviously bought them after the War posing in their "Denazifiziert" Uniforms !

That anybody like "Collectors" can buy them to this day is

also well known....nothing new my Friend! ..lots on "ebay".some clearly "Over prized" just one Seller offered me one (I got cheap!) for £69 !..I polite declined!

..but since now over 70 Years old something worth?  : Thanks for Your interest!

Jurgen

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

Lapp 1_sm2.jpg

Lapp 1_sm2.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition Text

It is really too bad that the Lappland piece was never properly designed and produced by appropriate professionals in the field of medal making (same with Lorient but since it wasn't an officially sanctioned piece, I kinda understand).

It would no doubt be a handsome piece next to its older brothers in one's collection. Not that I am a purist but it's bit of an eyesore next to the other shields. Still...a piece of historical value and significance for historians and collectors alike..