News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TWM by J. RAITHEL - GERA - GERMANY

demir

Hello,
    A friend of mine sent me this medal producer that also produced TWM from Gera-Germany. When I saw the hallmark in the box, I remembered that some time ago somebody asked for this hallmark. 

J. RAITHEL - GERA - GERMANY

A German producer. Asterisk * on the pin shows that non-precious metal was used. Asterisk is a mark generally used by Austrian manufacturers. ( If this medal was produced by Raithel. Maybe the owner put an Austrian made Medal in the box)

Raithel (1).jpg

Raithel (2).jpg

Raithel (3).jpg

Raithel (4).jpg

Raithel (5).jpg

Raithel (6).jpg

Raithel (7).jpg

Raithel (8).jpg

Raithel (9).jpg

Raithel (10).jpg

Edited by demir

Have seen this set before. IMO the case should be carefully examined to be sure the insert is originally made for this case and this particular TMW.

Despite all that I would suggest to wait to draw conclusion on the connection between Asterisk * marked TWM and J. RAITHEL. Consider the large volume of * marked TWMs have been produced, a single evidence is not enough to prove the origin of this particular start, IMO.

You are right war medal might not belong to the box. But in any case, the box shows that Raithel was also producing War Medals. (Or just making war medal boxes ?)

Edited by demir