News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lieut. v. Schlepegrell hannoverian army

Good morning

I have a diary of an Oberjäger who was part of the Kielmannseggschen Feldjägercorps in 1813.

Mentioned in the book vividly is a Lieutenant v. Schlepegrell.

Would anyone of you (with an interest in Hannover) help me out by finding him in one of the RegimentalHistories or Stammliste of Hannoverian Regiments?

Thanks so much in advance

David

While I could find Adolph Graf von Kielmansegge as Captain in the Garde Grenadier Regiment in Kgl Hannovaerian Adresskalender from 1821, I couldn't find von Schlepegrell neither in any of the infantery regiments nor on the warte liste. If I have time I may also look the calendar from 1819 on the weekend. Maybe we have more luck there. 

PS: in the list of the retired officers I couldn't find him either, so are you sure he survied 1815? 

Edited by BlackcowboyBS

Thanks

I reread my post and it might be somewhat confusing

I am not looking for details on Graf v. Kielmannsegge his career is on wikipedia.

Its this Lt v. Schlepegrell I am interested in. Appearently there were 2  a Rittmeister and the Lt. As it was a Jägercorps, he may or may not have come from the forestry service and went back to it. But I am just not sure and am hoping the officers of the KJC are incorporated in the Stammliste of hannoverian Unit (possible the JB?)

Hello David M,

Schlepegrell, Rittmeister v. (note only one p)

Schleppegrell, Capitaen v.  (note two p)

The 2nd chaps data would be:

Friderich Adolph v. Schleppegrell, 28.6.1792-26.7.1850

1828 Capitaen und Chef fuer Regiment Jaegerkompagnie

Would this be the chap you are looking for?

Regards

v.Perlet

Edited by v.Perlet

v. Perlet

Thanks for the information. However without the Stammliste entries (if available) or another way to find out  the single or double p s career data, I am unable to confirm. 

Edited by David M

28 minutes ago, David M said:

v. Perlet

Thanks for the information. However without the Stammliste entries (if available) or another way to find out  the single or double p s career data, I am unable to confirm. 

All I have is this - but it's in Danish - Parts of Flensburg at the time were Prussian and Danish, with aristocrats crossing the lines at times as you know.

Maybe it can help you.

https://biografiskleksikon.lex.dk/F._Schleppegrell

Regards

v.Perlet

Edited by v.Perlet